Monday 2 February 2015

Bioderma Sensibio AR cream review

About 2 months ago I've run out of face cream and went to a pharmacy to search for something new. I need to point out that I have dry, sensitive skin with redness on my cheeks. 
Redness is my biggest problem, I always struggle to cover it up, especially in winter. I've seen doctors but no one told me what the problem is - when I was younger they said that it will disappear after puberty, other told me I'm allergic to carrots and oranges and red cheeks is an allergic reaction, which is complete nonsense. So no one helped me. Recently, after a lot of research on internet I've realized that I probably have Keratosis Pilaris (KP) on my face and body. There is no cure but it can be controllable. I will write a post about KP in the future.
So I've heard a lot of good things about Bioderma skincare products and decided to try it out this time. I saw this anti-redness cream for sensitive skin prone to rosacea. Pharmacist suggested me to try it out. Also, she offered to try the Bioderma's micellar water. I've wanted to try it out for so long so I've picked it too. I have a review on it here.

There is 40ml of the cream, while usually face creams has only 30ml. Cream itself is slightly yellowish, has a very soft, almost unnoticeable smell.
After using this cream for about 3 months now I can share my impression. Sadly to say - I'm disappointed. It doesn't work for my skin. Whilst using it these 3 months I haven't noticed any difference on my skin: redness is the same, no special moisturizing. I see no difference between when I have and haven't used it. But it didn't have negative impact, my skin isn't worse.
Well I regret spending so much money on it (because it isn't cheap) but I'm glad I've tried it. Sometimes good reviews doesn't mean that everyone will be satisfied with the product. Sometimes it's just marketing talks around famous brands. I don't want to argue, maybe there is a lot of people that liked Sensibio Ar but not me.

Summing up:
rating - 2/5;
will I buy it again - no.

Soon I will need a new cream. Maybe you have an antiredness, rosacea, keratosis pilaris cream to recommend?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this honest review, I was actually eyeing this at the store last week because of it's claim of anti-redness as I tend to have red spot when my skin gets irritated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end it's just my opinion, maybe for some people it will help. You see my redness is permanent and you just get red spots when irritated so it is a bit different. Good luck with finding the best cream :)

      Delete
  2. I'm always SO sceptical of anti-redness products! I've never come across anything that actually gets rid of redness - but I have found using the LUSH 'Ultrabland' cleanser has helped calm my skin down and I definitely have less red 'blotches' like I previously had! Sometimes I think KP is made worse by all the chemicals they put in these things. Try to go more natural - it'll help trust me!

    http://hannahdelacour.blogspot.co.uk/

    *goes to read your bioderma review* :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried this cleanser. Thanks for the recommendation. Only cream that helped calm my KP skin is Ruboril by Isis Pharma.
      You are right - all those chemicals don't help at all.

      Delete