Sunday 11 January 2015

Little steps, big difference

I want changes. I need changes. These thoughts are on my mind for some time now. Everyone comes to a point when everything seems to go not the way you want, when everything seems grey and boring, when you feel stuck. At least I feel that way. 
People are always in search. In search for happiness, meaning of life, their place in life. There is always something bothering us, something that is unsolved. And we try to answer questions, try to find ways to solve everything. To solve our life.
For some time I feel that I need something new in my life, some changes because I am stuck in one place. I do the same things, go to the same places everyday, don't find life interesting. And this makes me unhappy. So I understand that I need some changes to color my life a little bit. 
But the thing is that I'm not brave to throw myself in an absolutely new environment, new life. I feel that big changes can scare me. So I've decided to start with little steps. I believe that doing small, even insignificant things everyday can step by step change me and my life. 
I want to share some ideas of little changes that could be a great start. It is only my opinion but I hope that this will help someone.

  • Have a new, different haircut; go for the one you always wanted to try but were afraid to
  • Redecorate your room; even sorting out books and things on the shelf in a different way will change the room appearance
  • Find and go to a new place in your city that you never been to before
  • Try out a new cuisine
  • Go to an unknown band's gig
  • Dye your hair
  • Read a different genre book
  •  Try to order a new dish/drink every time you are in your favorite cafe/coffee shop/restaurant
  • Call or message someone you've meet but didn't hang out with; this can lead to a lifetime friendship
  • Try out a new hobby: making jewelry, kite flying, writing a blog etc.
  • Start working out; find a type of exercise/sport that you like
  •   Change your background; make it positive, funny, inspirational or anyway that makes you smile
  • Throw away or hide items that make you upset
  • Treat yourself and buy something you want
  • Make someone happy
  • Change your parfume
  • If you're in school or college, sit in a different place at lunch; sit with other people
  • Visit your family or friends in another country
  • Make a bucket list for a month, year or till you are 30 and make it real

Hope that will help at least one of you reading this.
If you have any other "little step" ideas or want to share your ways and stories about changes, please let me know in the comments or write an email in the contact form on the right. 


It's funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different. C.S.Lewis


2 comments:

  1. Great post, going to be trying some of those little steps out. I mentioned you in my latest post too! xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete