Tuesday 30 June 2015

What 3 years at university gave me | Graduation

While writing my last post, I remembered my studies and graduation and some thoughts popped. As I have told before, my time at uni wasn't the best. But beside that I am thankful for that 3 years, because it tough me something.

It was a special moment, I was very happy and proud of myself for doing it, for finding strength to finish something I didn't enjoy and wasn't really interested in. But I didn't give up and graduated. 
Probably I won't work in that area but still a degree is useful to have. It was an experience and those 3 years of studies taught me something. Of course, it gave professional knowledge but also I've learned more important stuff: I've understood what I don't want to do in life, I've learned which are my strong sides and where I am weak at and I accepted myself as I am. I understood that everyone are different, that every person has its own way of working, socializing, living. I've discovered my way and accepted it and now I am not trying to change myself and never want to. Those 3 years thought me that I am strong enough to make something happen, to keep it up and finish what I have started.

Through out that period I met people that made my studies a little easier. We made our own friendship group. I never argued with other people in our class, I would interact with everyone but still I was staying aside, by my own. I remember that the first year I was mostly alone. I tried to make friends but all of them made into other groups. I was upset at first but then I realized that being alone isn't bad. After understanding it, somehow I became friends with other girls that also was a bit aside. And at our last year we where all together, always doing projects together, spending breaks together, while still we were aside from others. But this didn't bother me. 
Those 3 years at uni gave me an understanding that being alone or being different isn't a bad thing. You just need to admit it and embrace. Right people will come eventually. 

Even though I didn't like my studies and major, I am grateful for this experience which changed me. 
I would like to advice all to always, even in the worst cases, search for something good. There is always something useful and positive. 
"Everything happens for a reason" - I believe in it and it makes my life easier.

Picture source: http://www.iliketoquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment